• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hello from a Beardie newbie :)

Naomi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all,
My name is Naomi. My family owns a lot of pets, (2 dogs, a cat, 2 snakes and fosters a snake and a toad), and as of a week ago we have a little bearded dragon. He's a rescue...a friend found him wandering around under her deck (in Minnesota!) and since we had an empty 40 gallon tank we decided to keep him. I think I've got his diet figured out (veggies, fruits, mealworms, crickets etc), and we have a heat lamp and will get him a uv lamp this week. The one question I really have is, do Beardie's get lonely? Does he need a buddy??

Attachments

• IMG_2147.JPG
    IMG_2147.JPG
    919 KB · Views: 11

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
no buddy necessary. they are solitary animals. good for you !!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would just make sure that he wasn't someones pet that accidentally got out. The only buddy it needs is you!

Naomi

Bearded Dragon Egg
ok, thanks! My friend made sure it wasn't one of her neighbors And we live in the city so there is no telling where he came from! As far as I can tell he's probably a couple of months old...how much should he be eating per day?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They should eat as much live food as they want in a 15 minute time frame. Best to feed 2x a day 3x if possible with the last feeding being at least 2 hours before lights out. A fresh salad should just be given daily.

Latest posts