• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello all

NurseRatchet

Hatchling Dragon
Hello. I have two dogs, 2 cats, 4 aquariums, a dozen tarantulas, a Leo, Crestie, and Cave gecko, a cornsnake and ball python. Im 42, a single mom with a special needs teen, and a nurse for the last 2 decades. I've been keeping bearded dragons for about 25 hours...yes hours.
A friend had 4 tiny ones that weren't looking well. I'm a sucker for a critter in need so I brought over some goodies (uvb, hide, cork, enrichment) the next day. By then only 3 were alive. So I did what I do. I am now fostering 3 baby beardies. One has really done a 180 after a few warm water soaks and is active, eating, and inquisitive. Theother two are still struggling. I've spent a dozen hours searching online, 3 hours texting to vets, and the first half of the day going in person to every local pet shop, vet clinic, vet ER. I came home empty handed and frustrated. They're housed in a 20 long, together- dont shoot me, they were together before and i cant afford 3 seperate set ups. Just trying to keep them alive for the moment. Ive already dropped around $200 on the tots. I came here to try to get some friendly advice. BTW, NO local reptile vets in my area. I have ordered critical care herbivore and carnivore as well as electrolyte soak. The soak won't arrive until 3/20, the critical care in April. Thanks Amazon. The two that concern me 1.) Sluggish, tiny lump in back at hips, flat appearance, back legs shake on occasion, drinks when in shallow warm water, has eaten a single xs dubia. 2.) Pale, flat, lump on back at hips, not moving back legs, lethargic, sips of water when placed in warm shallow water, not eating at all. No one is touching any offered greens. Dusting everything with rep-cal calcium w VD and dubias are gutloaded. I've got uvb dessert bulb x 2, basking bulb 75w, various basking spots. Closest to bulb is 106F. Room is 75. Cool side of rank is 77F. Heat pad on warm end with thermostat at 78F in case they get chilled at night. Humidity is around 35. Misting them twice a day due to hydration concerns.
Open to any advice on what I can do to help with the 2 that are struggling while I wait for soaks and additional supplements.
Sorry my set up sucks. This wasn't planned, these things just happen sometimes.

NurseRatchet

Hatchling Dragon
Hi again
Been waiting for my intro to be approved for a few hours which has given me some time to search the forum a bit. Just want to make sure before I do anything; is it true I can use a 50/50 pedialyte/warm dechlorinated water solution as a soak for the sick babies?
Again yall, super sorry for my ignorance. I usually spend 2-3 months researching and have a ready to go enclosure set up before bringing anything home.

Latest posts