• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello,, 15, breeder help?

TG94

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello, tg94, thats me.

Ok, so, I have a female, and a male beardy, and also two terrariums, at the moment waiting until Me, or my mom find a larger terrarium.
But what I now need to know, is everything a breeder, especially a begginner needs to know.

I know that I need a incubator, and living in germany, things are different than in the states, like the products found in the economy.

Also, I am just 15, and also, the lizards belong completely to me. but I would like to start getting some help, and the lead in the direction, with the need to know, and how to get successful in breeding.

Am excited to here what there is all to know about breeding beardies, and also, if you check my gallery, can anyone help me figure out what species, what specific lizards I have.

thanks youu all, ^-^

tg94

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well, sweetheart, what you are planning will be a life long thrill.

First, healthy dragons, male and female, of 18 months or older in age, and well weighted, the fat pads on both filled out.
Second, you'll want to set up bins that will hold no more than 5 infants each, with room to move out as they get older and larger.
Along with those bins, you'll want individual heat, uvb light, and some simple features such as furnishings. These can be simple, like cardboard you can throw away, or more complex, where you would have to physically scrub down and clean when soiled/or between animals/clutches.
Third, you will need a reliable food source for protein.
Fourth, enough funds in reserve to handle major vet bills.

Plan well and plan well ahead.
Janie

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Should I ever *cough cough* breed, I'd certainly use Brian's recommendations as my guide.
Janie

Latest posts