• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Heating Items

blackclaw83

Juvenile Dragon
Ok All

I got the temps finally right in Spazzs new home right....after hours of fighting with it :mad: lol....now i am asking you all this. Is heating rocks a bad idea. Spazz had a piece of his tail nipped when he was at the ps, but as of now he is 7 1/2 inchs from snout to tail tip. He is finally calming down about the new place, and has been exploring and chilling on his log and rocks, Put a stuffed animal in there and he laid on it for a little while. But yeah just want to know about the heating rock and your alls ideas about it. Thx peeps.:D

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Heating rocks are not recommended at all. They have been notoriously known to malfunction & are quite dangerous. BDs do not sense heat very well, if at all, on their underside or anywhere else on their body for that matter & is why they can so easily be severely Burned without even knowing it until much too late. BDs sense heat\light by what has gotten to be called their '3rd Eye' (AKA - Parietal Eye, Pineal Eye), the little opaque spot on the center top of all BDs heads that is generally quite well disguised\camouflaged by their markings.

3rd Eye.JPG

Pat B

Super Moderator
Be vary cautious about what clerks in pet stores tell you. They will tell you anything just to make a sale whether it is right or wrong. A Petsmart person told me I absolutely had to have a red night light for my beardie so we bought it....NOT!! :oops:

blackclaw83

Juvenile Dragon
The clercks didnt say anything Pat...lol i ju st saw them and was like OOOOO that may work better in the bigger tank.....:D but before i went out and spent the money on something i remember hearing or reading (cant remember ) bad on, i just wanted to make sure....Plus i have found out OOOOO so well that the clercks are crooks....and most stores are shamefuly all about sales. Its sad, but i found out that were we got Spazz and Rid from the bad info was from the sales clerck not the store owners. When we picked up Rid the female owner made sure to tell us NOT TO HOUSE THEM TOGTHER...that they will fight and it will end badly....which lifted my spirits up about that store :D So I am beginning to see the chains as nothing more then money magnet, false info giveing, cheats. While they give some of the ligit small time animal loveing stores that do there best to give the right info out a bad name.

P.S.- i am sry...did not mean to rant....due to school im in a ranting mood....LOL :)

Pat B

Super Moderator
The store owners don't have a clue what the clerks tell a customer. I have learned over time to only trust this site if I have questions. Sales clerks are in the business of making money for the store....not for the good of the customer. Not too worry about ranting....I do it to!! LOL!!

Latest posts