• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

claireflatley1

Bearded Dragon Egg
i recently discovered that one of my dragons eye is swollen compared to the other and i’m very worried. this is my first dragon and does anyone know what is wrong?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17

Beardielove363

Hatchling Dragon
I hate to say this because it happened with my dragon it is most likely an eye infection you need to take her/him to the vet to get eurythramiacyn cream also not sure if I spelled that right if you cant afford vet bathe in strawberry Pedialyte... They love it... You will have a pink beardie though it has to be 50/50 solution with distilled water and Pedialyte if it wants to drink it let it. But only do that till you can afford a vet not a permanent fix.

claireflatley1

Bearded Dragon Egg
I hate to say this because it happened with my dragon it is most likely an eye infection you need to take her/him to the vet to get eurythramiacyn cream also not sure if I spelled that right if you cant afford vet bathe in strawberry Pedialyte... They love it... You will have a pink beardie though it has to be 50/50 solution with distilled water and Pedialyte if it wants to drink it let it. But only do that till you can afford a vet not a permanent fix.
Ok i’ll see what i can do thank you so much

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i recently discovered that one of my dragons eye is swollen compared to the other and i’m very worried. this is my first dragon and does anyone know what is wrong?
It looks like shed they will get swollen - it looks like shes shedding around the mouth as well-- you can spray around the eye w/ a spray bottle to loosen the shed--

Beardielove363

Hatchling Dragon
Someone told me distilled is better but I don't know much about them yet myself Sadie is a big help... try to pack nutrients into her hornworms are really good and if you can find them the (beetles) of giant mealworms. My beardie loves them don't forget about fruits and veggies though too... Romaine lettuce is one of their favorites and my beardie loved blackberries. Also what kind of lighting are you using.

claireflatley1

Bearded Dragon Egg
Someone told me distilled is better but I don't know much about them yet myself Sadie is a big help... try to pack nutrients into her hornworms are really good and if you can find them the (beetles) of giant mealworms. My beardie loves them don't forget about fruits and veggies though too... Romaine lettuce is one of their favorites and my beardie loved blackberries. Also what kind of lighting are you using.
I am using a uv bulb and a 75 watt heating lamp

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A UV bulb ? Brand and bulb coil or tube? Where in the tank top of screen or inside the tank? Basking temps should be 95-100 for a juvie/ adult dragon----- taken w/ a digital probe thermometer-

claireflatley1

Bearded Dragon Egg
A UV bulb ? Brand and bulb coil or tube? Where in the tank top of screen or inside the tank? Basking temps should be 95-100 for a juvie/ adult dragon----- taken w/ a digital probe thermometer-
coil Zoo med brand, i got it in a pack with the basking lamp i also just have a heating lamp for night, and i also have a thermometer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
coil Zoo med brand, i got it in a pack with the basking lamp i also just have a heating lamp for night, and i also have a thermometer
Please get rid of the coil UVB ASAP-- no colored bulbs please they can cause long term eye damage--- and it disrupts their sleep- I am going to post in the morning what you need for a UVB- what size is your tank? You need a digital probe thermometer ASAP as well - you uvb and basking temps are the two most important things in the tank

claireflatley1

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please get rid of the coil UVB ASAP-- no colored bulbs please they can cause long term eye damage--- and it disrupts their sleep- I am going to post in the morning what you need for a UVB- what size is your tank? You need a digital probe thermometer ASAP as well - you uvb and basking temps are the two most important things in the tank
Ok, i just got a new pack of lighting that said was for bearded dragons. The lighting i had before they burned out seemed to be good. But i will head to the store tomorrow as soon as i can!

claireflatley1

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’m pretty sure my take is a 75 gallon

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok, i just got a new pack of lighting that said was for bearded dragons. The lighting i had before they burned out seemed to be good. But i will head to the store tomorrow as soon as i can!
I want to help you get the UVB fixture and bulb -- you want a good one NO Zilla No thrive brand- they are no good-- you can get the digital probe thermometer a zoo med but I want to help you w/ the UVB - they have certain placement and distance

Latest posts