• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Have a few questions about lighting, new bearded dragon owner

Bellamarshall

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’ve seen in a few places that the red light for heating up the tank at night can disrupt sleep. Is this true? Should I switch to a heat emitter bulb instead?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree --- colored bulbs disrupt sleep and can cause long term eye damage - dragons have what is known as a 3rd eye its starts w/ a P cant remember the name -- anyway they have very sensitive eyes and theirs is more intense than ours -- please get a CHE as recommended by Tricia Ray - you will need a dome w/a ceramic socket and if your tank is 40+ gallons start w/ a 100 watt - you only need it if your tank is falling below 65 at nite -

Lily.arthur.help.needed

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’ve seen in a few places that the red light for heating up the tank at night can disrupt sleep. Is this true? Should I switch to a heat emitter bulb instead?
Hi,
You shouldn't need heat or light at night time as it is good for your beardie to be able to defrinciate the day from night. Also, in the wild the temperature would drop so your beardie wouldn't need heat unless it is below 15°C/60°F in the tank.
Lily

Latest posts