• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Has not shed?

KaadianSmear

Hatchling Dragon
We had my beardie for about three months now. He's not a total baby right now. I would say he's about 11 and a half inches long. We don't know his official hatch date, but my question is, how often should he be shedding? He's shed once fully since we got him. But he hasn't shed since. When should I worry? He's healthy in every other way. He has a varied diet. He eats his veggies, he eats crickets regularly. We gut load the crickets with beardie food, veggies, and a couple drops of vitamins. His lighting seems appropriate for him. I love the little guy to bits, so I just don't know if this is normal or not.
PXL_20210809_224252268.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We had my beardie for about three months now. He's not a total baby right now. I would say he's about 11 and a half inches long. We don't know his official hatch date, but my question is, how often should he be shedding? He's shed once fully since we got him. But he hasn't shed since. When should I worry? He's healthy in every other way. He has a varied diet. He eats his veggies, he eats crickets regularly. We gut load the crickets with beardie food, veggies, and a couple drops of vitamins. His lighting seems appropriate for him. I love the little guy to bits, so I just don't know if this is normal or not.View attachment 28984
Please get rid of the red bulb --- they can cause long term eye damage and they disrupt their vision - they have a 3rd eye on top of their heads for predators
Dragons grow at different rates but you need correct lighting and basking temps ---NO coil UVB's and basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer ---- NO stick ons ----- if you need more help please ask --- but get rid of the red light
If you need heat in the tank for nite time get a ceramic heat emitter they produce heat and NO light -- dragon like it cool and dark temps in the tank at nite need to be 65-75 ---
you need a bright basking bulb no off colored or yellowish basking bulbs --- that keep temps 95-100 it looks like now the size of him ---- and a long tube fixture for UVB --- this is extremely important

KaadianSmear

Hatchling Dragon
Please get rid of the red bulb --- they can cause long term eye damage and they disrupt their vision - they have a 3rd eye on top of their heads for predators
Dragons grow at different rates but you need correct lighting and basking temps ---NO coil UVB's and basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer ---- NO stick ons ----- if you need more help please ask --- but get rid of the red light
If you need heat in the tank for nite time get a ceramic heat emitter they produce heat and NO light -- dragon like it cool and dark temps in the tank at nite need to be 65-75 ---
you need a bright basking bulb no off colored or yellowish basking bulbs --- that keep temps 95-100 it looks like now the size of him ---- and a long tube fixture for UVB --- this is extremely important
Thank you for the info, that information about the lights isn't talked about a lot. So I had no idea. I'll do my research and get him something more suitable in terms of lighting asap. I'm hoping it isn't affecting his shedding??

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for the info, that information about the lights isn't talked about a lot. So I had no idea. I'll do my research and get him something more suitable in terms of lighting asap. I'm hoping it isn't affecting his shedding??
Your uvb should be a long tube fixture 24" for a 40 + gallon tank--- good fixtures are a Zoo Med or sunblaster or Arcadia - Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or Arcadia 12% bulb - need more help please ask

Latest posts