• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Haplo won't poop

Haplo'sMinion

Bearded Dragon Egg
Happy won't poop...

Only gone once in a few days... Very full belly... Diet is mealies and dubias.

Basking is 108 cool side is 81 and 76 in a 55 gallon breeder tank

Tried baths but only tolerates it for 10 minutes and freaks out.

Ideas?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Happy won't poop...

Only gone once in a few days... Very full belly... Diet is mealies and dubias.

Basking is 108 cool side is 81 and 76 in a 55 gallon breeder tank

Tried baths but only tolerates it for 10 minutes and freaks out.

Ideas?
Of course as I wrote this, he/she pooped!!!!
Only thing I can say is add salads - he should be getting salads every day and if your dragon is under I year I would knock out the meal worms- too harsh on babies stomachs -- how is he getting hydration ? Dragons need water to help them go to the bathroom -- if hes over a year its not uncommon for them to go long periods of time but you must make sure temps are correct w/ correct UVB NO coils - they need greens and you can rinse before serving --- I would switch the diet up to silk worms they are a great staple feeder -- add some worms like super horn worms - they are a good hydrating worm -- if you need websites for any of this please ask I will post

Haplo'sMinion

Bearded Dragon Egg
Only thing I can say is add salads - he should be getting salads every day and if your dragon is under I year I would knock out the meal worms- too harsh on babies stomachs -- how is he getting hydration ? Dragons need water to help them go to the bathroom -- if hes over a year its not uncommon for them to go long periods of time but you must make sure temps are correct w/ correct UVB NO coils - they need greens and you can rinse before serving --- I would switch the diet up to silk worms they are a great staple feeder -- add some worms like super horn worms - they are a good hydrating worm -- if you need websites for any of this please ask I will post

Good to know about the mealies!!! I had no idea! I can order some silkies, I think I can get some hornworms locally otherwise can order those too they grow so fast though :(

I give him/her a daily bath and he/she drinks a little, there is a water dish in the tank..

Should I be misting??

UVB Is a T8 not a coil

He/she is offered mustard greens daily which usually like 2 peices are eaten.

What other types of veggies/fruits are safe for daily feeding??

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good to know about the mealies!!! I had no idea! I can order some silkies, I think I can get some hornworms locally otherwise can order those too they grow so fast though :(

I give him/her a daily bath and he/she drinks a little, there is a water dish in the tank..

Should I be misting??

UVB Is a T8 not a coil

He/she is offered mustard greens daily which usually like 2 peices are eaten.

What other types of veggies/fruits are safe for daily feeding??
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder

Where in the tank is the T 8 ?
Order small amounts of horn worms

Haplo'sMinion

Bearded Dragon Egg
Correct, no plastic cover. There IS a reflector.

Misting a yes or no?

I wrote down a bunch of the green options and a few black from the list I'll be shopping! How often is "occasionally" like once a week? (Bell peppers, cilantro)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Correct, no plastic cover. There IS a reflector.

Misting a yes or no?

I wrote down a bunch of the green options and a few black from the list I'll be shopping! How often is "occasionally" like once a week? (Bell peppers, cilantro)
Peppers can cause runny stools so what ever occasionally means to you - I buy cilantro but dont have it all the time so when I do have it I will add to the dragons salad bowls -- if you feed peppers just watch her stools -- if they become runny then lay off of them and see if the stool straightens out - if not something else could be going on

Latest posts