• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Handling

chesterthebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys

I have had my bearded for about a month. He is still very young so I can understand him being a little freaked out still. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to bond and get my little dude to feel more comfy with me. When i go to pick him up he doesn’t run away but once he is in my hands he squirms for maybe a second and then calms down. When he is out he seems fine but he likes to run around and crawl all over me too… he’s not too big into just chilling and would rather be running around which made me wonder if he was afraid of me or just curious. I know he is still young and it will take time for him to come up to me be picked up but if anyone has any tips on how to get him to bond with me or just more comfy let me know! Thanks !!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey guys

I have had my bearded for about a month. He is still very young so I can understand him being a little freaked out still. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to bond and get my little dude to feel more comfy with me. When i go to pick him up he doesn’t run away but once he is in my hands he squirms for maybe a second and then calms down. When he is out he seems fine but he likes to run around and crawl all over me too… he’s not too big into just chilling and would rather be running around which made me wonder if he was afraid of me or just curious. I know he is still young and it will take time for him to come up to me be picked up but if anyone has any tips on how to get him to bond with me or just more comfy let me know! Thanks !!
Your little one needs to acclimate to his tank and surroundings- put a piece of clothing or fleece blanket in his hide and let him get used to your smell he needs to learn to trust you- hand feed every day - I would start holding him in his tank small amounts of time-- put your hands in his tank as much as you can - approach from the side not above - he will think your a predator- patience - will come around

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
After a month I would think relocation stress would be over. Not positive though. If it's any comfort my boy Dexter wasn't happy being cuddled. He'd rather be down running and exploring everything. Some just have that type of personality. He'll would let me hold him for a few minutes and then start squirming to get down. Once down he'd be off like a rocket. lol

chesterthebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
After a month I would think relocation stress would be over. Not positive though. If it's any comfort my boy Dexter wasn't happy being cuddled. He'd rather be down running and exploring everything. Some just have that type of personality. He'll would let me hold him for a few minutes and then start squirming to get down. Once down he'd be off like a rocket. lol
He doesn’t mind being held but would much rather run around and explore. When it’s getting later at night he will cuddle but that’s after running around. Maybe he just wants to explore everything will warm up to me :) Sounds like our little guys are a lot alike !

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He doesn’t mind being held but would much rather run around and explore. When it’s getting later at night he will cuddle but that’s after running around. Maybe he just wants to explore everything will warm up to me :) Sounds like our little guys are a lot alike !
Lol. Yeah sounds like my boy Dexter. I resigned myself to not having a cuddle bug. But then Charcoal came along and he's much more snuggly. :) Keep an eye on him, but it sounds like you have an explorer. :)

Latest posts