• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

handicaped beardie. help?

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i am ticked.... i cleaned everything including trixie and some how about 8 mites have shown up on her.... why wont these cursed bugs die!?!:mad:

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
:( they are very annoying. I swear by the vets treatment I received. You also have to treat it like lice in your house... clean the habitat thoroughly, dump the substrate, the WHOLE 9 yards.

Torikinnss

Bearded Dragon Egg
so far she is a little speed demon and is very skidish. i dont have anything taller than 3 inches in her tank at the moment. but when i hold her, the way she clings to my clothes, you would never know she was missing her leg.
and in addition she is really skinny so i have offered her a few different treats but she wont touch them. she did eat 3 crix though... i have her on reptaid for a couple days to make sure she dosent have anything else going on in her little body

Hello Jynx!
My beardie Barney also has three legs (missing the front right) & a few toes missing, again from cohabitation with the old owners who picked him up by his tail! He is around 7 months so where you was when you started writing about Trixie! I just wondered if two years on you have an tips for my three legged friend?
He was skittish but I've managed to make his 100x better with being handled & he eats great apart from his veggies which he rarely touches! His leg does not hinder him at all, he still jumps super high & chases crickets etc!
I tried getting a harness but he seems to escape it because of his stump not going through the hole properly!
Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29

Chrisw

Hatchling Dragon
Poor baby. Give her good TLC and make sure she can get her food. I wonder how egg laying will go when the time comes.

Latest posts