• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

handaling ur bearded dragon

stroudy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi guys im new to having bearded dragons. iv got a 2month old, i have only had him 3days. im tryin 2get him used to me slowly. he mormaly lets me stroke him but some time backs off and hides in his cave. i dont wont 2just grab hold of him and scare him. am i doin it the right way?

stroudy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
oh one other thing when feedin him a cricket got away and i cant fine it. will it just die?

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome and congrats on your new little one.
Yes you are do it correctly. For the first few weeks it would be best to not handle at all. Give the little one time to get used to his surroundings. As for the cricket, just keep an eye out for it and when you see it take it out. It is mostly hiding in the cave. It does need to come out as soon as you find it b/c crickets can bit the beardie and cause injury. Let us know if you have anymore questions.

stroudy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi mate cheers thats great, ill keep doin the same then. oh the cricket ant in the viv its in my house some were lol he eats all the cricket i put in there. how meany crickets should he eat a day? i feed him 2 or 3 time a day about 6 or 10 at a time plus his veg

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
the cricket will eventually die or escape. At 2 months old he should be eating between 40-75 or maybe more. Once he gets settled in you should see his appetite increase. Just feed him as many crix as he'll eat in 15 mins 2-3 times a day. Keep up with salads, a lot of youngsters don't eat them at first but keep offering them.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have crix get out all the time. I just let them be and the cat finds them or I find them a couple days later feet up.

Latest posts