• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hand feeding Juvi's?

Steven Simon

Hatchling Dragon
Check our here he sleeps...... Crazy....
58110ac6a71ec72d11dc53e68af8c84d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think your temps are good.. Just keep an eye on your little one and see where they spend their time and that will tell you what they want. If avoiding basking it may be too hot if trying to get closer and closer it may not be warm enough..

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
mine would do things like that and I just would move them to a safe night spot.. and eventually they stopped doing crazy sleeping positions.. my female would sleep half in half up the corner in the water dish

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I have a very similar background and when my girl was that size she did the same thing lol. She would climb the wall all day and end up falling asleep clung to it [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven Simon

Hatchling Dragon
I find it funny my boy likes to stay high in the tank, he rarely ever comes down to bottom, if I put him on ground floor, he usually jumps onto backdrop and climbs to top. Does this tell you anything? Also at his age 3.5 to 4 months, how often should we be handling him? Outside of his cage?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I find it funny my boy likes to stay high in the tank, he rarely ever comes down to bottom, if I put him on ground floor, he usually jumps onto backdrop and climbs to top. Does this tell you anything? Also at his age 3.5 to 4 months, how often should we be handling him? Outside of his cage?

Maybe get a few hammocks one for up high and one for lower, maybe since he's soo young he feels insecure on the floor? You can hold him quite a few times each day start with in the tank to see how he will react, like will he sit still or does he jump off...I handled both of mine alot throughout the day in 5-10 min just kinda depended on how they were acting and when they got cooler I'd put them back.. it really is dragon specific I've found.. some really like to be handled some not so much. My female has always been very chill my male is very active and he always want's to be moving so I hold him mostly at nighttime.

Steven Simon

Hatchling Dragon
We have been taking him out maybe 3 to 4 times a day, and handle him for five to ten minutes. He seems relaxed. He sits for a minute or 2 time then wants to climb up my arm. We just can't get why he doesn't like the lower levels. Yesterday was only 2 weeks, I'm sure it's going to just take more time.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He may feel more secure being higher up? I'm not really sure why they do that to be honest. Mine was the same way, she just recently stopped doing that. It's something your little one will grow out of as he gets bigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven Simon

Hatchling Dragon
Guys,
This is morning time, as soon as lights come on, humidity in cage says 58 perecnt, does that seem high? Also tank temp is 70, which is what my house is. That will go up shortly being lights just came on, thoughts?

17d181d5389af2801344403f6514bdd9.jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Guys,
This is morning time, as soon as lights come on, humidity in cage says 58 perecnt, does that seem high? Also tank temp is 70, which is what my house is. That will go up shortly being lights just came on, thoughts?

17d181d5389af2801344403f6514bdd9.jpg

Totally normal for nighttime humidity levels to go up.. I wouldn't worry about it too much it will go down during the day.

Steven Simon

Hatchling Dragon
Ok cool, Daytime is likle 35-40.... How does that work? I thought with higher heat (Daytime) brings higher humidity??

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok cool, Daytime is likle 35-40.... How does that work? I thought with higher heat (Daytime) brings higher humidity??
Yea that humidity is great! the reason being is the sun drys up the humidity, our heaters are typically on which lower humidity. More air movement typically happens during the day.