• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Habitat Too Empty, or Just Right?

Emily

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I know it's not the greatest resolution, but you can see my 40-gallon tank. Diddy loves to romp around, but he can't be trusted since he's Knievel on the stairs and jumps from high places.

So, I took out a bunch of the decor I had in there and just placed a log, a soft cactus, and a tiger skull to climb on. I have a 6 inch long-3 inch deep water dish, but its not in there right now. Hes 16.5 inches, and likes to walk around. Is it too empty? or is it perfect for him to stretch out?

1.jpg

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They are pretty easy 2 please. Does he seem 2 enjoy his enclosure?

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Agree with Jp

They really only need UVB, heat, food, basking spot and moisture via baths/soaks.dish. I think the rest is more what we like and want than what they want. If you like it, and your dragon is happy. Then it is 100%

Emily

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Okay. and he does seem to like the space. When he gets excited he likes to run back and forth head bobbing:p I suppose it works. I just wasn't sure if the cage being too empty would somehow make him bored...if dragons can be bored, I don't know how.

Mountain Bearded Dragons

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I think they have their perferences like us so if he seems to act happy then that's enough you know what Im saying but I like the set-up myself.

Emily

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I tried it, but all he does it either lay on top of it or avoid it all together. He's so weird...

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have the half log hides and the only thing that Yaddle wanted to do with it was lay in it as well to bask. But since she started brumation a couple of month ago she was sleeping in it. Now when it's bedtime she uses it.........most of the time, lol. Midna uses hers every night and basks on top during the day.

Emily

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I'll probably get him one of those when he goes into brumation this year. It's weird that they do that..I'm still fascinated with it.

Emily

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I find 3 things funny: #1: We went from tanks, to tank size, to owning beardies, to shooting tanks. #2: I have no idea what anyone is talking about anymore. #3: My post became a chatroom...neat. ^__^

Latest posts