• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

GUYS HELP MY BEARDED DRAGON HAS RANDOM RED MARKS ON THE BOTTOM OF HIS FEET AND TAIL

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
My 7 month old beardie Zeus has had what looks like red paint stained into his foot for a while now. I don’t think it’s blood but I don’t think it is paint either. I’m confused. After I finished giving him a bath today I noticed he had bright red marks on the bottom of his tail. I don’t know what it is. HELP

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 63

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It looks almost like there's some kind of dye in between his scales. Do you have any basking decor or toys that are similar in color? It's also possibly an infection of some kind-I found a thread with a similar issue and that's what it turned out to be: https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=162961
It’s weird. It’s not yellow or orange it’s just bright red. I have a big orange reddish rock but he doesn’t really go on it and it’s not the same color

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 61

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Has he eaten anything red and drug his tail thru it? Strawberries red raspberries etc?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He never eats strawberries or anything red for some reason. That’s why I have no idea what it is.
Ok so w/ since we have ruled out food or possible something in the tank that he could of gotten into I would recommend a reptile vet --- its better to be safe than sorry - here is a website to find a reptile vet in your area
www.arav.org hopefully its nothing serious and we can all look like dummies in the end

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok so w/ since we have ruled out food or possible something in the tank that he could of gotten into I would recommend a reptile vet --- its better to be safe than sorry - here is a website to find a reptile vet in your area
www.arav.org hopefully its nothing serious and we can all look like dummies in the end
I hope so to... thank you :)

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
Hmmm, do you have any under heaters, those can cause burns

Latest posts