• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Steve_lazzo627

Bearded Dragon Egg
So my bearded dragon, female, very roughly estimated to be 10 months old, hasn’t grown an inch in a few months, and only grew about 2 inches since December. She did have two types of parasites over the winter but those have been taken care of. Her growth definitely had to have been stunted from the parasites but I don’t understand why she won’t grow now. And YES her tank temperatures are perfect and she gets plenty of UVB. I feed her different types of greens in the morning, then depending on what she’s in the mood for, crickets or super worms for lunch and/or dinner. I recently got a brand new cage as well that is much larger than her old one but I know it’s a myth that they don’t grow if the tank is too small.

The dates are on the pictures, for the solo picture that one was taken May 17th.

Attachments

• F0D2ED6C-B924-4324-9353-2CE8E650F0A6.jpeg
    F0D2ED6C-B924-4324-9353-2CE8E650F0A6.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
  • DDEFEFA5-7FAD-4C3C-BC8A-790685449997.jpeg
    DDEFEFA5-7FAD-4C3C-BC8A-790685449997.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So my bearded dragon, female, very roughly estimated to be 10 months old, hasn’t grown an inch in a few months, and only grew about 2 inches since December. She did have two types of parasites over the winter but those have been taken care of. Her growth definitely had to have been stunted from the parasites but I don’t understand why she won’t grow now. And YES her tank temperatures are perfect and she gets plenty of UVB. I feed her different types of greens in the morning, then depending on what she’s in the mood for, crickets or super worms for lunch and/or dinner. I recently got a brand new cage as well that is much larger than her old one but I know it’s a myth that they don’t grow if the tank is too small.

The dates are on the pictures, for the solo picture that one was taken May 17th.
Dragons grow at their own rates - she will more than likely have a growth spurt so give her time --- you say your temps are perfect and UVB is good can you please tell me what kind of UVB your using coil or a long tube fixture and how are you taking the surface basking temps?

Steve_lazzo627

Bearded Dragon Egg
Dragons grow at their own rates - she will more than likely have a growth spurt so give her time --- you say your temps are perfect and UVB is good can you please tell me what kind of UVB your using coil or a long tube fixture and how are you taking the surface basking temps?
I’ve gone over it on another post on this website… and ya I guess I didn’t think that she could have a growth spurt

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’ve gone over it on another post on this website… and ya I guess I didn’t think that she could have a growth spurt
Yes they can and genetics plays a role as well diet and good uvb and surface basking temps--

Latest posts