• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

growth rate?!?!

Alysia Smith

Bearded Dragon Egg
My husband (Trey Smith) and I are new to the beardie world and appreciate any possible advice. I have been trying to find info on the average growth rate and possibly a printable chart for baby beardies with no luck. Toothless Too was 7 1/2" when we got her and has grown a 1/2" in a week, Adrian was 7" when we got her and has also grow a 1/2" in almost a week, and Rocky was 5 1/4" when we got him and has grown a 1/4" since Monday....does this sound like they are growing at an ok rate as I want them to be healthy and happy?

Attachments

• 10710669_1084478724897980_7909462975621315317_n.jpg
    10710669_1084478724897980_7909462975621315317_n.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 13

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sounds like they are coming along just fine. They are all going to grow at different rates depending on genetics, tank conditions and eating. Babies grow pretty fast the first year and then taper off. I've posted info about Dexter and Luci's growth on the forum you van search for them, the thread was called weights and measures. I kept a journal for each of then since the day.i brought each of them home. I was more dilegent with Dexter because she was the first and she was so calm. Luci's is more sporadic because I didn't always want to corral him and try to make him sit still to be weighed.

Alysia Smith

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you...I'll check it out cause I would like to see and be able to look back on a growth chart to make sure they are doing okay.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I did measurements the other day and Dexter is 18.5 inches at almost 3 years old and 527g. Luci is almost 2 and he is 17.5 inches and 549g!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got Izzy 8/30/15 and she was approx 3 months old and weighed 31 grams just a couple of days ago I weighed her and she was 119 grams and 13" in length..

Turkey Hunter

Bearded Dragon Egg
Some of the larger babies from my September 12 group of baby beardies are about 6.25 inches long. I have a young female german giant who is not quite a year old and is 19 inches long.

Alysia Smith

Bearded Dragon Egg
We are also looking to purchase a white hypo female baby if anyone knows of any available. We trying to keep them all the same age..

Latest posts