• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Growth on Tail?

Birdey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi
So I’ve been to two different vets (exotic) and both said pretty much the same thing, just kind of looked at it and said they’ve seen things like this on other BDs and it’s just a little growth, bla bla bla. But the growth has changed since then, it has grown in seize and is pinkish. I’m coming here for information on it, hopefully. Her name is Liz. It feels like it’s growing around the tail and where it first began has been growing longer, okay, it’s expanding and getting bigger, pretty much. It grows very slowly but it’s definitely getting larger. She’s had for quite a while, probably 2-3 years now. And it does seem to hurt her, if I press on it she pulls her tail away, but if I press on a different part of her tail she doesn’t.
Liz is very much alert, eating, happy, and going potty no problem.:)
Thank you!

Birdey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Here are some pictures:

Attachments

• IMG_0010 (2).jpg
    IMG_0010 (2).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0006 (1).jpg
    IMG_0006 (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0005 (1).jpg
    IMG_0005 (1).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0003 (1).jpg
    IMG_0003 (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0001 (1).jpg
    IMG_0001 (1).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18

Lindsey-Star Duhe

Bearded Dragon Egg
I honestly don’t know, but with the light to it looks like maybe a fluid filled cyst. I’m not a doctor and haven’t seen anything like that before. Search for a local Herpetological society and see if they can advise since your doctors are seemingly not knowing.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would go back to the vet and explain that it has gotten bigger since they saw her and that it's painful. I can't believe they would blow it off if you say she's in pain.