• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Grey patches on beard??

BeardieLovet

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone! So I noticed that my beardie has a couple grey spots on her beard. Not sure what this is. In the past she’s had a spike or 2 turn grey then it just disappears. She’s never had areas this large before. Also, to give a little background, we recently moved and it was a very large move. She had to stay in her smaller enclosure until the large one was delivered with the rest of our furniture. That was about a week long stay in the small one. She has been back in the large enclosure for about a month now, lighting is identical to what we had set up before. The grey patches appeared a couple days ago. They haven’t gotten any larger or smaller. She has also slowed down with moving and eating. But I’m not sure if she’s heading into a brumation period (she does that every year around now). She has eaten only about 15 crickets in the last 5 days but is eating her salad like crazy!! I do bath her every other day and she has pooped regularly, just smaller since she’s not eating quite as much. Not quite sure what I’m dealing with. Stress?? Posting pics as well. Thank you for any help.

Attachments

• 14512B1D-C536-44DB-BA93-5F32BD825E31.jpeg
    14512B1D-C536-44DB-BA93-5F32BD825E31.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 10C818C9-6EEB-4337-9598-D9CB9459B803.jpeg
    10C818C9-6EEB-4337-9598-D9CB9459B803.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 1B00A607-4851-41D2-A4A6-9FDCB75ABA03.jpeg
    1B00A607-4851-41D2-A4A6-9FDCB75ABA03.jpeg
    708.8 KB · Views: 3

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi everyone! So I noticed that my beardie has a couple grey spots on her beard. Not sure what this is. In the past she’s had a spike or 2 turn grey then it just disappears. She’s never had areas this large before. Also, to give a little background, we recently moved and it was a very large move. She had to stay in her smaller enclosure until the large one was delivered with the rest of our furniture. That was about a week long stay in the small one. She has been back in the large enclosure for about a month now, lighting is identical to what we had set up before. The grey patches appeared a couple days ago. They haven’t gotten any larger or smaller. She has also slowed down with moving and eating. But I’m not sure if she’s heading into a brumation period (she does that every year around now). She has eaten only about 15 crickets in the last 5 days but is eating her salad like crazy!! I do bath her every other day and she has pooped regularly, just smaller since she’s not eating quite as much. Not quite sure what I’m dealing with. Stress?? Posting pics as well. Thank you for any help.
That is shed let it do its thing ---- she is going thru some relocation stress and the slowing on the insects is normal but its great shes eating her salads as that would be the main diet -- as long as shes eating she is doing well -- well she is consistent w/ the behavior then so you know what to expect -- sounds like she is fine

BeardieLovet

Bearded Dragon Egg
That is shed let it do its thing ---- she is going thru some relocation stress and the slowing on the insects is normal but its great shes eating her salads as that would be the main diet -- as long as shes eating she is doing well -- well she is consistent w/ the behavior then so you know what to expect -- sounds like she is fine
Thank you! I just wanted to make sure she was good.

Latest posts