• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Green success - other colors NO NO

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As you all know, Ive been having a lot of trouble lately to get Pogie to eat her greens. Mainly because of the lack of greens available.
Well my seeds are growing nicely now and I pick a few of the baby leaves every other day and add to her daily staple of endive or rocket.

Shes been eating ALL of it lately (Not the whole bowl but all the diff leaves)
So her salad now consists of
Endive
Rocket
Mustard
Alfalfa
Parsley
Mulberry leaves

and soon to come will be turnip tops

And as discussed way back when . . . She only likes green - its now official
Refuses
Red/yellow peppers
Strawberries
Butternut

But she will eat KIWI - its green
LOL Funny how they differ towards colour

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
she is funny, silly lizard the other colors are more tasty then the green

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is awesome that she started eating her greens again. Happy salad dance! :D

Remember that they change like the wind, so one day she will tire of the greens and only eat the colors. lol...

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yoyo will only eat green too plus the butternut squash. Green peppers are one of his favorites. If I put anything red in there he will not touch his salad, even the stuff he normally eats.

sublyme

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
my beardie is very reluctant to eat any greens at all. i have tried many different types and he is very stubborn. i can get him to eat squash, apples, carrots, and of course crickets but the greens he turns his nose up to.. i have mustard or collard greens and he's not having it.. any suggestions?

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
just keep at it. My dragon Princess is over 2 now and still won't eat anything green besides peppers. She will only eat the greens if we hand feed them to her

sublyme

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i try to hand feed them to him and sometimes he will eat a bit' but most of the time he will just kinda chew on them for a sec and spit them out. what makes things weirder is that i take him out side and he will run straight over and start munching on grass. is that bad for him?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't use chemicals on my lawn (what little there is of it), and that would be my biggest concern.. Interestingly enough, you may try to offer the leaves whole, and let your dragon graze on those ...I know this worked with some people in the past.
Hope this helps.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
he will run straight over and start munching on grass. is that bad for him?

wheat grass or alfalfa grass is the only grasses i know of that have nutritional value. Most people don't grow those in their lawn. As long as it's pesticide free, it won't "hurt" him, although depending on it to be his source of green food isn't an option.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OK cool, Pogie goes absolutely NUTS for it, and its easy and FAST to grow

sublyme

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
cool' im going to try to find some of that stuff and see if he will eat any of it.. I was just thinking " if there was only a way to make some mustard greens look like it was growing somewhere maybe he would eat it.."

Latest posts