• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Green food eating importance in an 8 wk old?

Natalie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My eight week old Dragon is not eating a lot of greens. I offer him fresh greens daily and keep them moist and sprinkled with Calcium. He only eats them when I put then in his mouth. His bowl is the same when I leave it and come back. He will pig out on Crickets and loves hunting but he eats so little of the greens that I worry if he is getting what he needs. I have heard that this is somewhat common for babies. I have been told to not give him crickets for a few days to force him to eat the greens, but I don't want to starve him or stunt his growth. Especially because he usually eats about ten crickets a day. How important is green eating at this age? Any advice is appreciated thanks.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
At that age most of there diet consist of insects Id offer greens in the morning the feed crickets later in the day. If he eats the greens he doese if not thats ok but still offer them to him

Latest posts