• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gravid beardie stopped eating.

Dino4242

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a 2 yr old gravid beardie name Penny. She stopped eating for two weeks now. She is still active. She scratches at the glass most of the day. Is it normal for them to stop eating while she is gravid? This is the same time of year she was gravid before. I noticed she has lost a little weight too. Does it take 30 days for her to lay her eggs?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a 2 yr old gravid beardie name Penny. She stopped eating for two weeks now. She is still active. She scratches at the glass most of the day. Is it normal for them to stop eating while she is gravid? This is the same time of year she was gravid before. I noticed she has lost a little weight too. Does it take 30 days for her to lay her eggs?
Please post pics of the dragon and her tank and lighting please -- I am asking someone else who is more experienced w/ egg laying etc

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please post pics of the dragon and her tank and lighting please -- I am asking someone else who is more experienced w/ egg laying etc
This was my response when I asked my friend about the egg laying issue

They often stop eating and begin scratching around when they're going to lay. It's usually more like 4-7 days before actual egg laying but they are all different. And sometimes it's just their mood or some health problem or even getting ready for brumation and not even has to do with egg laying.

Latest posts