• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Got too close to Slyders viv with Oscar

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I had Oscar downstairs in the living room. This has never been a problem until tonight. I got to close to Slyders viv and Oscar jumped out of my hands, black bearding and head bobbing poor little Slyder, who started waving is little feet. I picked Oscar up and started to take him back upstairs to clam down and when I did he jumped again...good thing I was still sitting on the floor...and charged Slyders viv again. Finally I got a good hold on him and got him back upstairs and in his viv where he continued to head bob a few more times. When I came back downstairs poor little Slyder was still waving, until I washed my hands and picked him up. He run up my shoulder and stayed there until I could feel his breathing slow. Then he came down and walked around on my lap for a little while.

Just seeing this accidental safe encounter I just don't understand how anyone could risk this happening when both are loose or housed together. I felt so bad for them, it made me feel the way I do when dogs fight and they could not even get to each other. Will not make this mistake again!!!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow, you definitely witnessed the power of the dragon!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They are powerful. For very docile creatures they sure do get violent with each other fast. I never wanted them to meet and this just justified my fear of what could happen.

Latest posts