• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Got My Bulb

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
So my reptisun 10.0 came in the mail today. You should have seen the box it was almost as big as a coffin lol. Also got one of those cool zoo med adjustable lamp stands, soo much better than the clamps. Only thing left on my list is some adhesive studs so i can mount the flourescent fixture in the viv. Right now it rests on the screen but I'm pretty sure that dissipates some of the uvb so, any suggestions for the mounts? they have your typical circular nailhead circles on the back of the fixture.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
ahh that would make sense yes, im just trying to make sure its quite steady because that bulb alone cost me about 25 bucks with tax and shipping and the fixture was 10 bucks so if that sucker falls and busts im out 35 smackers hehe

I_Love_George

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
do I have the wrong reptisun 10.0? Mine wasn't that big...Maybe 4 or 5 inches...?? That's the only one that I seen at the store that was a 10.0

IDK George seems to like it...It says it produces all that good stuff that a regular heat lamp can't so I think I'm good..Better be anyway I just paid 30 dollars for it lol

edited to add: just re read it and you said the BOX...duh lmao

Ric

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Double up on the strips?

One did the job for me on my last tank.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I_Love_George said:
do I have the wrong reptisun 10.0? Mine wasn't that big...Maybe 4 or 5 inches...?? That's the only one that I seen at the store that was a 10.0

IDK George seems to like it...It says it produces all that good stuff that a regular heat lamp can't so I think I'm good..Better be anyway I just paid 30 dollars for it lol

edited to add: just re read it and you said the BOX...duh lmao

George thats the compact version, right strength bulb, wrong size. It is suggested to use the more tubular long bulb that covers the whole back wall of the vivarium, typically 18 inch, 24 inch and longer depending how big your viv is. Mine is the 24 inch. The compact bulb just isnt big enough to get the uvb to the whole vivarium.

Latest posts