• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Got him :)

Nght_RideA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So I have finally got my lil bugger ;D

got it him/her ? on sunday.

Monday it ate 2 crix in the morning, 3 at about 2:30 and 3 more later that afternoon.
Today had 3 crix in the morning and 3 at around the same time 2:30ish !

so getting around 8 - 9 a day so far !
hasnt touched any greens :p like me as a kid i guess hahahaha

havnt got a name for it yet so it's being called IT for now hahahaha...

IT's got the normal stress marks from being in a new place, they havnt stressed me out cause i knew they would be coming !!
poo's are happening once on sunday, once monday and twice today ?! not sure if 2 a day is good or not ?

temps are sitting at around 42 / 43 [107/109] on the warm side and about 28 [82] on the cool side.
night time temps are around 23 [73] (its been dam hot the past 2 days)

well that is it I guess for now, will try get some pics up asap.

oh and IT is starting to mave around more in the viv, at first IT just sat on the same spot on the branch most of the day but when I go check up now IT has been in a few diff spots :)

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Maybe you should just name him/her IT . . . like from the Steven King novel/ (Phsycho clown)
Cant wait for pics of IT

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Congrats on the new addition! Sounds like things are coming around. Keep offering salad daily. Babies will come around if salad is available. Pooping is good. Even twice a day. It shows the plumbing is working! Remember to feed as much as your dragon will eat in the first 10 minutes of offering crickets. Babies should eat 2-3 times per day.

Nght_RideA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
been feeding IT :p 3 times a day and leaving salad in during the day.

But it only eats like 1 - 3 crix each feeding ! was expecting a bit more that that !? mayb it will still come around and start munching more ?

@ pogie hahaahha ja was was so scared of that movie as a kid, watched it again about 5 or 6 years ago and ::) so dumb :p hahaha

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm sure the feeding will increase as IT realizes you are not a predator, but a food source. ;)

Nght_RideA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hahahaha ok quick update, turned the lights out, lil pooper is standing up against the glass eyes closed and looks well "comfy" i guess like that :D

got a small camp light that has white led lights and a red led light, turned it on the red to try not disturb it and noticed that the stress marks seem to go away while its "sleeping ?" if thats what its doing standing up !? hahaha

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
the stress marks seem to go away while its "sleeping ?" if thats what its doing standing up !? hahaha
Yeah Pogie has the most amazing colours while sleeping. And yes shes done the standing up sleeping too. Looks darn uncomfortable to me

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You will find IT/Bebop in the strangest positions for sleep. It's quite hilarious.

BTW...the red lamp is not necessary. Like us, dragons need complete darkness to get a good nights rest.

Rolandslf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Awesome to hear that not only are you happy with "Bebop", but that it is aclimatising well.

You really must also remember that "Bebop" is only like three weeks old, so don't expect it to wipe out your whole cricket supply in like a week.

To those on the Forum, I let Nght_RideA, have "Bebop", early because he only wanted one and I was happy that the conditions were correct as per information gained on the Forum.

Enjoy "Bebop", my friend.

Nght_RideA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
@ Renee the red lamp is not part of the viv at all its just one of those camping heap lamps, just put the red light on to check up on the lil guy, didnt want to use the white light and mayb wake the poor bugger up :p when its lights out its total darkness till the morning :)

@ Raland hahahaha ja i know, but i just thought that 6 - 9 crix a day seemed a lil bit ! then again like you said its still very young and will get there ! atleast it is eating !!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nght_RideA said:
@ Renee the red lamp is not part of the viv at all its just one of those camping heap lamps, just put the red light on to check up on the lil guy, didnt want to use the white light and mayb wake the poor bugger up :p when its lights out its total darkness till the morning :)

Got it. Thanks for clarifying for me.

Nght_RideA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well another quick update...cant tell if it had any salad but there was a poop in its food bowl :) and did notice him kinda standing on the edge of the water bowl ! so things are looking good ! getting everything it needs ! ;D