• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Good Class pet?

Ghostborb

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey everyone! My name is Mia I’m here to ask if Bearded Dragons are a good choice for a class pet. My mother recently started working as a teacher again and wants to get a class pet.
in the past we rescued a chameleon who originally was a class pet and close to deaths door because of it. So we want to make sure if we get a class pet of our own what would be the best choice.
Thank you for any information and opinions on this matter, we don’t want to mess up any animal care or health when figuring out this matter

Milestone97

Bearded Dragon Egg
In my limited experience, I would have to say probably not. All of the books/petstore people will say they are the easiest thing to care for, and in some aspects that may be true, but they require a lot of attention to detail. Lighting/ tank setup is really important (and expensive) and every beardie is different. They are super stubborn sometimes, will literally stop eating hoping they get treats, and can be very finicky. They can make you super concerned for no reason. They also (usually) have a lot of trouble adjusting to new spaces, so I would imagine a changing classroom may not be the best thing for them. Could be wrong on some of this, just my opinion/experience. I love my guy but he is way more trouble sometimes than anyone prepared me for. I would also say if you do decide to get one, definitely get an adult. Babies are really tricky sometimes.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You also need to consider who is taking care of the dragon during vacations -

Milestone97

Bearded Dragon Egg
One more thing to think about... Bugs.
Crickets smell terrible and die constantly, and I would guess that a bucket full of roaches wouldn't go over well in an average classroom

Latest posts