• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Goliath Hornworms vs Crickets

Beardie_Mommy3991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I just brought Coconut home 2 days ago, and we are already running into a strange eating habit. Whenever we offer him crickets, he eats 15 or less. But whenever we offer him a hornworm, he gobbles it up like its going out of style! Is he just being picky? How can I get him to eat more crickets?

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
He sounds like he's being picky. Yoyo will gobble up worms and roaches but will barely touch crickets, even when I don't buy them that often.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like he is still adjusting to you and his new environment... Give him some more time, say around 2 weeks.. At least he is eating...Some won't.
Hope this helps.

Boogiesmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hornworms are just so yummy to them, so give them sparingly or that is all he will want eat. Well that is what happened to me.... lol

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
YAY...happy dance. That is such a relief when they start eating.

Latest posts