• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

going to building a new tank, advice please.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The substrate in that picture is alfalfa pellets. This is actually where I got the idea to make Magellan's enclosure. The only things I recommend if you choose to go this route (which isn't as bad as it seems) is to make sure you have easy access to the UVB light because when it comes time to change it out, you will have to remove the doors in order to get it out especially if it runs the length of the enclosure. I also advise that you make the background removable and the tiles not sealed in or at the very least just silicone the cracks.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yeah they package it as a commercial reptile/animal bedding...honestly i couldnt imagine why but they do...same thing with millet seed

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
:eek: Thats not good

Rabbit food kinda stinks, cant even imagine when heated up :-\
And millet is for BIRDS . . . LOL

Latest posts