• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Millo Blinky Puff

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone. I don't have a bearded dragon but want to get one now. However, at the end of the year at the Xmas holidays we are going on a holiday for 6 weeks. Is it ok to leave a bearded dragon at 5-6 months old with a friend and potentially part way through to the RSPCA or pet sitter as they may be going on a week holiday (not confirmed and still potential)? Will this add too much stress to the bearded dragon or if it has the same routines, food and terrarium and being with a person that they are used to (she is going to be there when we get him and visit a bunch) be ok? I want it to have a good experience of life but still want it now as opposed to 6 months later! Thanks for you support! Let me know what you think and if it will be ok!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi everyone. I don't have a bearded dragon but want to get one now. However, at the end of the year at the Xmas holidays we are going on a holiday for 6 weeks. Is it ok to leave a bearded dragon at 5-6 months old with a friend and potentially part way through to the RSPCA or pet sitter as they may be going on a week holiday (not confirmed and still potential)? Will this add too much stress to the bearded dragon or if it has the same routines, food and terrarium and being with a person that they are used to (she is going to be there when we get him and visit a bunch) be ok? I want it to have a good experience of life but still want it now as opposed to 6 months later! Thanks for you support! Let me know what you think and if it will be ok!
Yes just have this person keep the same routine- if shes around a lot the dragon will become used to her in this time and its going to be months for this to happen so its a good idea he gets used to her being around and feeding him as well --

Millo Blinky Puff

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes just have this person keep the same routine- if shes around a lot the dragon will become used to her in this time and its going to be months for this to happen so its a good idea he gets used to her being around and feeding him as well --
Thanks you so much for your effort and help. I really appreciate it.

Millo Blinky Puff

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks you so much for your effort and help. I really appreciate it.
I think now we will be able to get a bearded dragon so I really want to thank you.

Latest posts