• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

General Health Questions

rflyn0742

Hatchling Dragon
A relative dropped their beardie off the other day and I have a few questions about the health of the dragon based off the included pictures so I can let them know and recommend any steps if needed. They have mentioned that he is lazy and doesn’t move much. Whereas my bearded dragon is full of energy and always running around. Theirs also has some signs of what could be toes beginning to point upwards. They use Repticalcium with D3 (I am going to mention to them to switch to Repcal. No vitamins being given so I will also mention repeal herptivite. They have a 40 gallon tank (waiting on 120 gallon zen), 75w basking bulb. I believe they are using a zoomed 10.0 T5 HO. Lastly, just curious if redness around the eyes is normal. Thank you!

Attachments

• 297BC982-4E55-427A-A385-2DFECBFADFAD.jpeg
    297BC982-4E55-427A-A385-2DFECBFADFAD.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 19
  • 3A3AAFCD-AE12-4436-BBA5-F853AB97EA55.jpeg
    3A3AAFCD-AE12-4436-BBA5-F853AB97EA55.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
  • 06527BCD-0C94-4FC1-A630-C3EBA8365E23.jpeg
    06527BCD-0C94-4FC1-A630-C3EBA8365E23.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Can u take a better picture of its eyes? It appears to be just patterning, but i need to see a different angle.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Idk anything about upturned toes, it’s nails are nice and short though! maybe another member has information on that. the dragon does look a little dehydrated, it is an okay weight, but could be a little fatter, they need to get a digital probe and take temps properly, he might be lazy cause the temps are low, the 75 wont be enough in the zen habitat either, get at least 100w

rflyn0742

Hatchling Dragon
Idk anything about upturned toes, it’s nails are nice and short though! maybe another member has information on that. the dragon does look a little dehydrated, it is an okay weight, but could be a little fatter, they need to get a digital probe and take temps properly, he might be lazy cause the temps are low, the 75 wont be enough in the zen habitat either, get at least 100w
Here is the current tank used as well as a closer picture of the eyes. Im using some extra probes I have until they get back from vacation so I can let them know of the items they will have to buy. And yeah I will let them know that. I have a zen myself and I use a 100 in summer and 150 in winter

Attachments

• ED3E16C3-B0D1-491E-9556-6EF639EE21FD.jpeg
    ED3E16C3-B0D1-491E-9556-6EF639EE21FD.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 17
  • A01563BD-F59F-4E00-B7AA-C25BFA91490E.jpeg
    A01563BD-F59F-4E00-B7AA-C25BFA91490E.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 17

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here is the current tank used as well as a closer picture of the eyes. Im using some extra probes I have until they get back from vacation so I can let them know of the items they will have to buy. And yeah I will let them know that. I have a zen myself and I use a 100 in summer and 150 in winter
Placement of the UVB is crucial and from what I am seeing is the screen is a fine mesh screen - the UVB should inside the tank for that type of screen -- basking decor should be 12-15 inside the tank --- as of now hes not getting full UVB rays --- that screen is blocking 30% of those rays -- basking temps need to be 95-100 for a adult dragon / juvie and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer ---- those things I just mentioned are crucial to a dragons health

rflyn0742

Hatchling Dragon
Placement of the UVB is crucial and from what I am seeing is the screen is a fine mesh screen - the UVB should inside the tank for that type of screen -- basking decor should be 12-15 inside the tank --- as of now hes not getting full UVB rays --- that screen is blocking 30% of those rays -- basking temps need to be 95-100 for a adult dragon / juvie and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer ---- those things I just mentioned are crucial to a dragons health
thanks ill be sure to let them know when they get back.

Krystal0

Juvenile Dragon
A relative dropped their beardie off the other day and I have a few questions about the health of the dragon based off the included pictures so I can let them know and recommend any steps if needed. They have mentioned that he is lazy and doesn’t move much. Whereas my bearded dragon is full of energy and always running around. Theirs also has some signs of what could be toes beginning to point upwards. They use Repticalcium with D3 (I am going to mention to them to switch to Repcal. No vitamins being given so I will also mention repeal herptivite. They have a 40 gallon tank (waiting on 120 gallon zen), 75w basking bulb. I believe they are using a zoomed 10.0 T5 HO. Lastly, just curious if redness around the eyes is normal. Thank you!
no not normal & no vitamins he is doing well

Latest posts