• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gandalf

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
beardielover17 said:
didnt get a chance to build it because i got engaged and moved shortly after...my rhino iggy is with a friend in MN right now in a monsterous enclosure...just search mikesreptileenclosure on youtube and look at the rhino iggy vids...thats him

Gotcha! Okay....off to You Tube. ;D

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mo is totally cool! Looks like he's got lots of personality. Funny seeing him headbob the Savannah Monitor. ;D

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
beardielover17 said:
haha yea hes my lil baby or as mike and i call him, a poo (nicely put) monster

Gandalf is, too. Must be an iguana thing. LOL!

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Wow Craig, beautiful Iguana dude. I'm seriously thinking about getting one here soon. I wonder if it is at all possible for beardies and Iguanas to be friendly with each other. Do your's ever interact or are they kept seperate?

hanfon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Wow thats the most amazing creature I've ever seen! How large will he grow? I'm in awe, he's gorgeous :eek:

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Justus85 said:
Wow Craig, beautiful Iguana dude. I'm seriously thinking about getting one here soon. I wonder if it is at all possible for beardies and Iguanas to be friendly with each other. Do your's ever interact or are they kept seperate?

The only interaction is from being able to see each other across our basement family room....and they're about 20 feet away from each other. I'd never consider putting them in the same enclosure as they have very different environment needs. Igs need higher humidity and their basking area is not as hot. I have a humidifier pumping into Gandalf's enclosure.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hanfon said:
Wow thats the most amazing creature I've ever seen! How large will he grow? I'm in awe, he's gorgeous :eek:

Thanks. He could grow as long as 6 feet and get close to 20 pounds in weight.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Gandalf is simply AWESOME. Who took the close ups of his face?

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pogie said:
Gandalf is simply AWESOME. Who took the close ups of his face?

Thanks Monique. I took those pics with the twins' camera. I used the telephoto zoom for the closeups.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Maybe you should contemplate a career as a photogapher too, those were really good

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pogie said:
Maybe you should contemplate a career as a photogapher too, those were really good

Thanks....but I couldn't do that to the twins. Taking pics is their thing....I don't want them to think I'm trying to compete or be better than them. One of their boyfriends did just that....and it really got to them. He's no longer a boyfriend (but for other *cough*controlling and manipulative*cough* issues). LOL!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks Vesta! Just saw your post. :-[

Small update....

I got a warm mist humidifier for Gandalf's enclosure. Besides what I built for him, it's the best thing I've done, yet. It keeps the top half of his enclosure around 80 percent humidity (where he spends at least 90 percent of his time) and the bottom half in the 50 to 65 percent range without building up any moisture on the walls and such. There's a slight bit of fog on the windows, but not enough to be a cause for concern. They're still very easy to see through.

The warm mist humidifier runs for 4 hours at a time, 3 times a day while lights are on with one hour intervals between the first and second and second and third cycles. His spikes are looking wonderful...with evidence of blood flow in each of them. He's shedding better than ever and looks to be very comfortable.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Excellent idea!
Wish we had those when i had iggys. Life would have been wonderful!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ladyknite said:
Excellent idea!
Wish we had those when i had iggys. Life would have been wonderful!

I didn't realize it was going to make as much difference as it does. I find him hanging out by it a lot. He must be loving the extra humidity. I used to fight just to get it up around 70 percent. Now....it flies right past it and hovers at 80 when the humidifier's running. Overnight, it drops to about 60 to 65 percent up top and around 50 to 60 on bottom. Temps are much easier to maintain as well. I think I got the ventilation set up just right. I tried using an exhaust fan at the top, but it caused the humidity to drop too much. I had to play around with the vent sizes to get it where it is, now.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey Craig,

I read that youre a poor poor bachelor this weekend. But if you dont feel up to yet (you know the pain factor and all) how bout the girls taking some updated pics of Gandalf when theyre back ??? Maybe one where you are holding him or something to compare his size to this pic.

HoldingGandalf1.jpg

I really am fascinated by him. Every time I see your signature on a post, I have to go have a looksie at these ones.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pogie said:
Hey Craig,

I read that youre a poor poor bachelor this weekend. But if you dont feel up to yet (you know the pain factor and all) how bout the girls taking some updated pics of Gandalf when theyre back ??? Maybe one where you are holding him or something to compare his size to this pic.

I really am fascinated by him. Every time I see your signature on a post, I have to go have a looksie at these ones.

Yeah....poor me! :'( LOL!

I could take some pics of him....that wouldn't be a problem. However, he really doesn't look any different than pics 12-19 on page 1. Have you seen those?

I do have some videos I'd like to post up sometime. Maybe I can work on that this weekend. I think you guys would get a kick out of how he was reacting to my phone. I didn't realize why 'til after recording them. There's a picture of an eagle face on the back of it....he kept shaking his head, standing tall and leaning to one side, backing away and head-bobbing. LOL!

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah....poor me! LOL!

Yeah, all dressedup and nowhere to go . . . ::)

However, he really doesn't look any different than pics 12-19 on page 1. Have you seen those?
Yup saw those, he is awesome.

he kept shaking his head, standing tall and leaning to one side, backing away and head-bobbing. LOL
Would love to see his reaction to your phone. It sounds really funny.

Latest posts