• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gaining Trust?

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
That's very interesting info germ I never knew. I will be most certainly looking it to changing over. I only use the mats when I really have to I think I've used them once in 6 weeks.

NorbertTheDragon

Hatchling Dragon
A low Wattage (40-60W) CHE (Ceramic Heat Emitter)
CHE003.jpg

on an inline dimmer or thermostat, is a much better choice to use for night heat, just enough to take the edge off. Night heat is not necessary, needed or even wanted, unless your ambient room temps drop below the mid to low 60s F at night. BDs should be allowed to cool at night, it slows their metabolism down for a good nights rest. Yes Night 'Lights' of any color will bother most BDs sleep & possibly change their demeanor & make them irritable.

I never recommend UTHs (Under The tank Heater) or heat pads for night heat & if they are used, should be thermostatically controlled to prevent\protect from overheating in case of malfunction which is a periodic problem\happening with them.

The temperature in my room doesn't drop too far below the 60's at night, I'm sure. But some nights are colder than others. It would be a good idea to have something like this for those colder nights. He's settled in very well now and has himself on a good sleeping schedule...finally. The first couple of weeks he was so restless.

NorbertTheDragon

Hatchling Dragon
Update on Norbert's sassy tude:
This morning before leaving for work, I fed him his crickets, gave him a fresh salad. He was still pretty sassy. Bearding at me, tried to snap. Did the same thing upon getting home from work until he realized I had a fresh bag of crickets and three tiny dubia roaches. I thought maybe introducing him to the dubia roaches would sweeten him up a bit. hehe. I gave him the roaches and he went nuts. After his supper, he let me pet him on his head and tail. Did not run away from me, beard out or gape his mouth. I didn't take him out for a bath today as suggested because I wanted to follow Germ's advice and not aggravate him even more by trying to handle him. So I spritzed him with a bit of water. Maybe tomorrow I will try to handle him again. BUT, I have made a little bit of progress if he is letting me pet him now. :)

Latest posts