• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

"Fried Flies"? Healthy or Not?

fureverywhere

Bearded Dragon Egg
We had a big fly problem so my son invested in a electronic fly zapper. It's terrific and the tray is full sometimes. Would those flies be a safe snack for our Bernie?

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
maybe - but I'm gonna go with NO. It's generally not a good idea to feed wild bugs - ya just don't know what parasites they might be carrying. The occasional spider or fly that your beardie catches while out roaming about is not a major concern, but I WOULD BE concerned about feeding those from the zapper

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Definitely not. Flies are vectors for bacteria. There was actually a test done where fly legs were ground up and cultured, and the bacteria count was estimated to be in the hundreds of thousands. In general, feeding any wild insect is a no go.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
no outside bugs due to the above.. and pesticides

Latest posts