• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Freaking out...blood?

Renae_nae

Hatchling Dragon
My female had a couple drops of blood on her rocks. I checked and its coming from her vent. She has been pooping and eating like normal. I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow (where I work) but I'm not sure our reptile vet is working :( I just pray it's nothing major.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Doesn't sound good :( , Good Luck at the Vet's. Keep us posted ...

Renae_nae

Hatchling Dragon
I almost lost it this morning. She has two places she normally sleeps and this morning she laid is some place different and in a funky position. She was flatten as could be with all four legs sprawled out. I know I scared her because I grabbed her so fast and once she gave me the "ugh I was sleeping" look I just put her back. Off to the vet this morning...I'll up-date tonight when I get home ;)

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hope everything is OK, keep us updated.

Jerin Zorb

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Good luck would hate to see anything happen to one of the creations from the heavens! :)

Renae_nae

Hatchling Dragon
So...my vet was out of the office today (we have 3 other vets that work there but they are all dogs/cats). One of the vet techs does 90% of the reptile appointments so between her and a ton of text messages and videos sent we think we have the answer. She was de-wormed and put on flagyl and we're waiting on a more compressive fecal exam to come back tomorrow (we sent that out) to confirm everything. She hasn't had any more blood since last night so it looks good for now. Another fecal in 2 weeks as a follow up.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad to hear things are being taken care of & wish you both the best.

Good Luck

Latest posts