• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Frank Head Bobbing

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
so i finally witnessed my frilled dragon frank head bobbing (at magellan and boris)...it was feeding time and frank was eating his worms and veggies infront of magellan's tank when the 2 beardies went insane and i guess frank was tired of watchin them bob their heads at him so he did it back lol pretty funny i gotta say...wish i had it on video :'(

DragonMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thats hilarious, too bad no video! Frank apparently decided to show them how tough he was too! ;D If you can catch him on video doing that we'd love to see it!

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
every time i have him out ill have to hide a camera somewhere...hes camera shy unless i bring a pinky mouse out...then everything changes lol the head bob wasnt as aggressive as a beardie but it was still cute to see

DragonMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Is headbobbing a common behavior with frillies? or is it something he's learned to copy by watching your beardies? Either way, pretty cool.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
head bobbing is a natural behavior typically of male frillies for dominance and mating reasons...first time i ever saw frank react like that...although he did punk out my cat the other day lol

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i'd like to see Frank all head bobby too. He's my fav.............. ;D

DragonMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Would have loved to seen him freak out the cat too! Funny! Such a dominant male! Frank is too cute!
I knew they would flare and gape, but that is more of a defensive posture isn't it?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
their whole flaring and hissing is basically a bluff...its an attempt to scare their predetors and to make themselves appear larger to predetors and even other males when fighting over territory...whats best is when they flare, hiss AND sway side to side...when he does it he looks like a drunken umbrella

DragonMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
*giggling* I now have this mental image of an umbrella with legs swaying side to side! LOL That is too cool! Their displays are awesome.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
its easy for him to do his "drunken umbrella" display so ill try to record atleast THAT later on

Latest posts