• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

FOUND TINY GECKO HELP

BeardiesAreBest

Hatchling Dragon
I just found a baby gecko of some sort living near my beardie tank... HOW DO I TAKE CARE OF A GECKO???????? please help im so scared of fucking up and killing it, i think its too young to release back into the wild.
upload_2016-8-6_14-18-2.png

can anyone tell me what speci it looks like or how old it is? THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Can you get better pictures? The picture is really blurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeardiesAreBest

Hatchling Dragon
thats the best picture i can get with my device =( i think its a common house gecko from the pictures ive looked at online..

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If it was in your house then I would assume that's what it is. Do you live in the tropics? Are these common outside?

BeardiesAreBest

Hatchling Dragon
ive been doing a lot of online research over this and so far ive found that it is an invasive species where i live (East Texas) so i dont feel comfortable releasing it into the wild so im going to keep it in an old terrarium i have =) I set it up with a paper towel for substrate, a water dish, and a rock for hiding. and i was so relieved to find that they dont need uvb!!! thank you for responding!!

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
ive been doing a lot of online research over this and so far ive found that it is an invasive species where i live (East Texas) so i dont feel comfortable releasing it into the wild so im going to keep it in an old terrarium i have =) I set it up with a paper towel for substrate, a water dish, and a rock for hiding. and i was so relieved to find that they dont need uvb!!! thank you for responding!!

That's amazing! I am so happy to hear you are keeping him!!! Good on you for that!! He is one lucky gecko to have come into your home!! I can't wait to see his new home and hear his new name!!

BeardiesAreBest

Hatchling Dragon
upload_2016-8-6_15-30-24.png

its not much but im going to find some sticks and stuff when it cools down outside (u probs cant see but the gecko is hiding along the bottom of the rock lol) also i have no clue what to name them

BeardiesAreBest

Hatchling Dragon
what do u mean an X? u mean like chromosomes? cuz i have no clue about that im just not gonna breed them so i dont really care about making a name match the sex lol

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I mean like an ex wife or ex girlfriend!

I will tell everyone hello from you as it's just about dinner time and that's when they love me the most! Lol

Bobbi in Cincinnati - with my 13 hermit crabs, 1 bearded dragon - Sir Wallace and 5 rescue cats!!

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Okay so my next cat will be a Sam! Lol

Bobbi in Cincinnati - with my 13 hermit crabs, 1 bearded dragon - Sir Wallace and 5 rescue cats!!

BeardedDragon's°For°Life

Hatchling Dragon
There are hundreds of those all over the place where i live xD (Houston TX) if you found him in your house, he probably got in from outside. it happens to me a lot. usually i put them somewhere like on my house or on a plant.

But if your planning on keeping him, that's really cool! They get super cute!

Latest posts