• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Foreign Grain Beetles in Superworm Colony

JC.SAVVY

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, I have a large colony of superworms, and I just discovered itty bitty beetles (foreign grain beetles) roaming around in their substrate.
From the research I've done, these beetles are harmless to humans and pets. They feed on fungi and mold, which I suppose is the reason I have this infestation. I am going to clean their entirely tonight in hopes of removing the stale food that the worms buried. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this before with this specific beetle species? Thanks for any feedback! Btw, I took photos of one under a microscope.

Attachments

• IMG_0417.jpeg
    IMG_0417.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0418.jpeg
    IMG_0418.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, I have a large colony of superworms, and I just discovered itty bitty beetles (foreign grain beetles) roaming around in their substrate.
From the research I've done, these beetles are harmless to humans and pets. They feed on fungi and mold, which I suppose is the reason I have this infestation. I am going to clean their entirely tonight in hopes of removing the stale food that the worms buried. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this before with this specific beetle species? Thanks for any feedback! Btw, I took photos of one under a microscope.
i dont know anything about these beetles- did you want me to ask someone who might know?

Latest posts