• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Force feeding?

Kayla

Hatchling Dragon
Crazy how much a little bit of food in her belly perks her up, she hasn't tried to hide up anywhere and go to sleep for almost 4 days now, still won't eat any bugs but I noticed a locust that was in the tank last night isn't in there anymore :)

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If you are going to force feed, Id recommend something like Critical Care or Carnivore Care by Oxbow Animal Health. They are specifically formulated to have the right vitamin and mineral concentrations as well as complete nutrition.

While its not common for a dragon under a year to become gravid, its not unheard of by any means. Especially given that the female was introduced, and locked, by a male already. If gravid, they often stop eating as much though, so if she isnt losing weight I wouldnt worry too much about the force feeding. Totally your call though! ;)

Kayla

Hatchling Dragon
She's perked up so much it's unreal. Awake every day now. I scattered locusts in the tank last night to try and intice her. This morning I go to clean her out and every single one is gone. I'm so happy :D so I've stopped force feeding for now! She's still on the calcium and vitamin supliment and I've left her sand bath in there Even though I can't feel any eggs and I'm 99% sure she doesn't have any but just incase I'll leave it in there! it's not any trouble. :D

Latest posts