• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

for those of you that remember my special child

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I just took pictures of him today. He is 2.5 months old (most of the breeders i talked to told me not to expect him to live past 3 or so weeks. it took a while for him to start growing but he is finally starting to grow well. he is 25 grams and 8 inches now. His neck still isnt completely healed (he was born missing the skin under his neck). whithout further adu here are pics of him.
IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
im not sure yet. he is going to stay with me for another month or two and then i may find him a special home. i dont want him to be a breeder and i want him to go to a caring home so i will start looking then.

Erskinelake

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
He's beautiful! Great job getting him through the toughest part. He's one lucky dragon.

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Brian is that a piece of hard fiber around the neck? I had one last season that had something like it around his middle and I had to remove it. He eventually healed and got a home but thats what that look like. Hard to say from the pics.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
nope its transparent you cant tell n the pic because im not bending his head back any but its skin that is transparent and appears paperthin. You can see the blood pulsing underneath but some parts of it have starting going whitish so hopefully it will heal up nicely.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
interesting Brian. I saw this guy when you posted on his hatching. We had the same thing happen with a snake this year. Here's what we were told:

As the baby develops in the egg, the sac it's contained in feeds it. Depending on movement within the egg, and outside the egg, humidity of the hatching substrate, and viability of the egg, disassociation with the "feeding" portion may act as if it's a part of the baby which releases during hatching, but fails to allow full scale growth underneath.

pretty much..........it's like the baby slept on the umbilical cord.........for visual reference

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is exactly what happened. When he was born his umbilical cord was wrapped around his head. I had to remove it as i didnt want him tearing himself open. it was deffinately an interesting experience getting this guy this far. Hopefully he grows into a healthy adult.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i think he is going to be dwarfed though. he probably wont grown past 16-17 inches. He is odd shaped too lol. His tail is ungodly long and his body kinda is smooshed looking lol. Like he has a super compact body and extra long tail. Im sure he will make it im too stubborn to let him not. Just gonna have to find him a special home in a few months (which is going to be hard as my wife is really attached, damnt i may end up keeping him as a pet lol)

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh gee... and I was gonna see where else i could fit a viv in for him... Juuuust kiiiiddding ! keep him. that way you ( okay your wife) gets to enjoy the fruit of your labors ;)
Janie.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
dont worry you are on my list of people to rehome him to. ill have to talk tom out of your address lol.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol brian dont tempt me! lol i may b able to convince my sis to take him if anything lol

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
just gotta be sneaky
look hunny i found this fish tank on craigslist maybe we can get some fish
look hunny my friend brian just sent us a new child guess we cant do the fish 8) lol

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
haha if i cant convince gene to let me take him ill def help you find a home that i can continue to monitor him from

Latest posts