• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Foot Tumor Sore

KatMaj

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all!
**Warning - pictures are graphic of bearded dragon sore*
My beardie Clive was diagnosed with cancer about a month ago due to a large tumor on her foot. They gave us some anti-inflammatory drugs and pain medication that we had been using as directed, but has since completed it's course. Her finger was initially black and looked very brittle, and her hand was very swollen which led us to the vet's office, where they did an x-ray and diagnosed that she has a large tumor in her hand, that has probably spread further. They said that we could amputate her foot, but put us more on a wait and see schedule, seeing as how she is about 9 years old. Since the meds her foot has gone down in swelling, but still has the large tumor. Today when we looked at her finger, when it was moved her skin split open, and now she has a large sore on her foot. We gave her a good soak in iodine to clean it out, but I want to know if there is anything else we should do like cover her foot? I can bring her back to the vet, but considering the stress it put her under last time, I would rather postpone until necessary. I can't tell if she is in pain because she's been acting fairly normal (except laying some very surprising eggs) and doesn't "act" in pain. I also included the diagnostic xray in case anyone wants a look at that. I just really don't want her to be in any pain, seeing as the vet seemed to think it probably wasn't curable and we should just make her comfortable, but I also don't when the right time would be to put my baby to sleep.

Thanks in advance for any advice <3

Attachments

• Clive foot.jpg
    Clive foot.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    597.5 KB · Views: 21
  • image000001.jpg
    image000001.jpg
    608.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Wholebody.jpg
    Wholebody.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 21

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, I am so sorry hopefully she will get better. I don't really know what to do maybe try ice to numb the pain. I heard that Butorphanol helps with pain in bearded dragons but I don't know where you would buy any or if you even can.

KatMaj

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, I am so sorry hopefully she will get better. I don't really know what to do maybe try ice to numb the pain. I heard that Butorphanol helps with pain in bearded dragons but I don't know where you would buy any or if you even can.
Ok good to know, I'll look into that, thanks!

Latest posts