• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Food/feeding

Spikethedragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! New dragon owner
I’m confused on the feeding schedule
Do they get greens more than once a day? Our beardy is 3 months old. We give crickets and dubia roaches,,,what worms can a 3 month old have I do not want to give the crickets.

How many times a day should they eat and how much in each sitting?
How many crickets? How many dubia?
Thanks!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi! New dragon owner
I’m confused on the feeding schedule
Do they get greens more than once a day? Our beardy is 3 months old. We give crickets and dubia roaches,,,what worms can a 3 month old have I do not want to give the crickets.

How many times a day should they eat and how much in each sitting?
How many crickets? How many dubia?
Thanks!
Babies need to be eating at least 15 roach appropriate size in one feeding -- second feedings will determine how much he eats at the first feeding - offer a salad first thing in the morning w/ some BSFL www.symtonbsf.com I would feed large they are a small larvae drop them on the bowl in front of him to get his attention feed as many as you want they are a great staple feeder - do not dust them -- dust only the roaches and at one feeding only calcium D3 lightly coated 5 x per week - vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week only one feeding -- you can also use medium super worms 1-3 on top of the salads as well -- every other day -- you want him eating some of the salads his main diet right now is protein -- but you want him eating some salads -- you can also feed hornworms as well they are a good hydrating worm and grow very fast so feed 1-2 till they are fed off - you dont want those out growing him - here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale info its a great staple feeder https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/
here is a website for a good salad bowl - https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d the BSFL wont be able to get out of this -- NO meal worms please the exo skeleton is too harsh on the babies stomachs
please make sure your using a digital probe thermometer to get accurate surface basking temps 105-110 and a good UVB NO COILS they are a health hazard --- I can post links for 3 good UVB's they are a long tube fixture - if this is off your baby will quit eating

Spikethedragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Babies need to be eating at least 15 roach appropriate size in one feeding -- second feedings will determine how much he eats at the first feeding - offer a salad first thing in the morning w/ some BSFL www.symtonbsf.com I would feed large they are a small larvae drop them on the bowl in front of him to get his attention feed as many as you want they are a great staple feeder - do not dust them -- dust only the roaches and at one feeding only calcium D3 lightly coated 5 x per week - vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week only one feeding -- you can also use medium super worms 1-3 on top of the salads as well -- every other day -- you want him eating some of the salads his main diet right now is protein -- but you want him eating some salads -- you can also feed hornworms as well they are a good hydrating worm and grow very fast so feed 1-2 till they are fed off - you dont want those out growing him - here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale info its a great staple feeder https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/
here is a website for a good salad bowl - https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d the BSFL wont be able to get out of this -- NO meal worms please the exo skeleton is too harsh on the babies stomachs
please make sure your using a digital probe thermometer to get accurate surface basking temps 105-110 and a good UVB NO COILS they are a health hazard --- I can post links for 3 good UVB's they are a long tube fixture - if this is off your baby will quit eating
Thank you so much! ❤️

Latest posts