• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Food dishes

mama

Hatchling Dragon
Would a dish like the below keep small dubia roaches from crawling all over the enclosure?

http://www.petco.com/product/112176...px?CoreCat=MM_ReptileSupplies_FoodWaterDishes

Currently I am using paper towels as substrate, eventually will use tile. The get underneath the paper towels so Worf can't find them. He seems to really like them in a bowl. I cleaned out is soaker bowl (not very deep) and have been dumping the roaches in there, but if they try hard they can escape.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Roaches as small as you are feeding are very light, need a very, very smooth vertical surface to keep them contained, if there is any texture at all they are light enough & will climb the short distance to escape. The one in the link does say a polished finish, but in the pic appears like there could be slight texture, possibly easily scratched. I had a similar problem, I went to, I think it was Walmart, found a clear 'Glass' desert dish of similar shape (Verticle sides) that worked well.

Latest posts