• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fluke or more serious?

Bobbi

Bearded Dragon Veteran
In light of everything that has already been discussed or mentioned, my biggest concern would be to make sure he is staying hydrated.
Another member on the forums told me how to tell if he is dehydrated or not, eyes droopy, excessive wrinkly skin, etc... Everytime I see any of this start, I give him a bath and drip water on his nose until he starts drinking. I do this everyday, not baths but dripping water, and some days he will drink and others he wont. Everytime Ive started to see his eyes droop and do the water drips, the next day his eyes are back to normal. Ive never seen it real bad or anything, or he would immediately go to the vets.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Another member on the forums told me how to tell if he is dehydrated or not, eyes droopy, excessive wrinkly skin, etc... Everytime I see any of this start, I give him a bath and drip water on his nose until he starts drinking. I do this everyday, not baths but dripping water, and some days he will drink and others he wont. Everytime Ive started to see his eyes droop and do the water drips, the next day his eyes are back to normal. Ive never seen it real bad or anything, or he would immediately go to the vets.

You can also tell if he's dehydrated or not by the urates... are they nice and white or are they yellow/hard/not much of them.

Bobbi

Bearded Dragon Veteran
They are nice and white and the same size as usual.

Bobbi

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Bayne ate three bites of veggies so far today! That's major progress! :D

Bobbi

Bearded Dragon Veteran
c0ec018057b5b59aeba9446358e97845.jpg

He has been eating 7-14 superworms a day as well. Gaining weight back!! :)

Bobbi

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Also I was asked but never got the chance to answer. Bayne is 16 inches long

Latest posts