• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Flowers and Herbs

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I've found a whole list of flowers and herbs that are safe for beardies. The only thing l don't know is how often they can be fed. Here's the list l found.
Flowers & plants:
rose petals, dandelions, dahlias, hibiscus, nasturtiums, alfalfa, astible, baby tears, basil - leaves & flowers , Chinese lantern - flowers, Carnations - petals, Chamomile, English, Clover, Day lilies, Dracaena, Fennel, Ficus - leaves, Geranium - flowers & leaves, Grape - leaves & fruit, Impatiens, Hollyhock, Lavender, Mint, Oregano, Pansies - flowers, Phlox, Rosemary - leaves & flowers, Spider plant - leaves (sap may irritate) Split leaf philodendron - leaves, Squash flowers, Thyme - leaves & flowers, Yucca - flowers, Wandering Jew - leaves (sap may irritate)

Anyone know?

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Brett, i use that guide as if it were a bible. But it doesn't list alot of flowers/herbs i am interested in.
My daughter and i are making a beardie friendly garden. It's only going to have things that are known to be safe for them to eat. We've already planted endive, pansy, nasturtiums, carrots, rocket

I have seeds from Carnation, baby tears, geranium, lavander and thyme. Oh and l have roses as well. None of these are listed there, but are elsewhere on the net

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Very cool! It sounds like u will definitely have a variety to work with for his ''menu.'' If you are unsure about safe amounts then keep portions small, what the dragon discards or doesn't eat, remove from its diet.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I know there not all listed. Id stick with your stables mustard collards turnips greens and kale and use the others as treats

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ya if you look at it. It has those things under the Feed occassionally

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
have you tried rocket salad or corriander they are good to grow and they love them. Some also like the greens from the carrot tops . Dandilions are also good jsut make sue that there are no pestasides or other things sprayed on the food
I have dandelions by the bucket in my yard and my mums, Yoda loves them and the kids love to pick them.
As l said, i have rocket and carrots planted, both of these Yoda loves too. Carrots and carrot greens.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
hahah, l do most of my post/ reading at about 4.30am here. House is quiet, kids in bed.. insomnia plays a part too.

Latest posts