• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Flooring/substrate sand?

cody

Hatchling Dragon
recently there's been no flooring in my tank. Just the glass and paper towels on one side because the tile wasn't really working for me. Kind of want sand, I know the risks of sand. Is there anything like that that would be safe. There's some colored sand stuff at the pet stores it says it's safe is that ok ? If not I'll get some vynal tile

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Washed children's play sand works best. It's non toxic and not treated with anything.

FLZooMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
Look into doing a bioactive soil set up. After it gets going it's pretty much self-cleaning and your beardie will be able to dig like he/she naturally wants to. Bearded dragons don't live on tile or paper towel in the wild so bioactive is a good way to simulate their natural living conditions.

Naomi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi FLZooMom....is there somewhere that I can get info on a bioactive soil set up? I'm a total beard newbie (although we have snakes) and don't know what I'm doing yet :)

Spike & Mike

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would have to agree with PatsyB on the children's play sand. I an in the process of buying it myself because no matter where I look the final answer is to use children's play sand. :bd:
#LIZARDS ARE THE BOMB! :bd:

Latest posts