• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Flattening out?

Mattalie

Juvenile Dragon
Im assuming all beardies do this but im curious why. When alex is basking he flattens his body out so he is wider. Is this to take in more heat?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The infamous pancake! My does that all the time especially when she's nice and warm.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Dexter did that once when I accidentally smashed her with my hand trying to get up from the floor. I didn't realize she so quickly made her way to where I was sitting, boy did I get the stink eye!

Mattalie

Juvenile Dragon
Alex does that to my brother constantly. Alex always sits on my brothers chair because its soft. And when Matt goes to sit down Alex turns his head sideways and stares at Matt. Its quite funny to see Matt be controlled by a lizard lol

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
People misunderstand them and give you a look like, lizard?! You have a lizard? Thinking the lizard's small, but when they see it, they're afraid of them because of their sizes.

Mattalie

Juvenile Dragon
So true! Matt didnt believe me when i said that alex would grow to be almost two feet long. But he believes me now! Lol. Alex isnt my little baby boy anymore though:). Hes already halfway grown.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's fun to watch them grow but sad the moment it hits you that they've GROWN. They aren't really babies anymore :(

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
But mine is...she's my baby. :p Babies are cute. Allie's face is too cute to pass up. :D

Mattalie

Juvenile Dragon
They get much bolder when they grow up:p. Alex used to be afraid of heights but now he always jumps off my couch to try and put on a show for my friends by making me shriek real high pitched and then run after him to try and catch him to make sure hes okay:(

Latest posts