• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First post - first build

Mach5

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Several years ago we took in a Beardie as what started as a foster (all our pets are rescues of some sort). He came with a 55gal aquarium but that never seemed satisfactory.

This year I finally got around to building him a proper home. It started with a simple large tv cabinet I picked up off craigslist for $25. The end result is probably $200 in materials.

I still need to build some platforms and decorations. Right now it is just stuffed with all the tiles and such I had for the aquarium.

It's not perfect, but it looks nice and is servicable. I plan to start keeping dubia roaches as feeders. They'll be kept in a plastic tub inside the bottom left cabinet door area.

20140901_124538.jpg

Mach5

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Here is what I started with, though this was after I removed the two doors:

20140515_191412.jpg

Mach5

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Testing the lighting after having installed the melamine hardboard:

IMG_20140713_124815.jpg

Mach5

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Here it is mostly finished. After this photo was taken I added verithane to the exterior and drilled holes for the lamp area for heat and power. I also cut in a couple of vents in the back and removed the protective film on the plexiglas.

20140831_180554.jpg

Mach5

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I used liquid nails and a few strategically placed staples. Plus they are cut to fit so they are pretty snug. I also sealed the seams with aquarium silicone.

Monica

Bearded Dragon Egg
Awesome!! I repurposed a tv stand a few years ago. It's the most fun making enclosures. Builds resourcefulness! Good job, looks great!

Latest posts