• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First Bearded Dragon! A few questions.

Stankybean

Bearded Dragon Egg
First time bearded dragon owner. We picked up Komodo from the pet store a few weeks ago. So far she's eating well and seems happy and healthy. I have 2 questions.

1) Any idea of how old she is from the picture? the petstore person said "6 months" but she's only 7" long
2) pet store guy also said she was a "special color morph" but didn't specify what. Any ideas from looking at the picture?

Thanks and have a great day.

-Eli

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 9.13.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 9.13.23 AM.png
    3 MB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 9.13.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 9.13.44 AM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
First time bearded dragon owner. We picked up Komodo from the pet store a few weeks ago. So far she's eating well and seems happy and healthy. I have 2 questions.

1) Any idea of how old she is from the picture? the petstore person said "6 months" but she's only 7" long
2) pet store guy also said she was a "special color morph" but didn't specify what. Any ideas from looking at the picture?

-Eli
I am not good on morphs -- so cant help you there -- here is a size chart for help
make sure she has good lighting in the tank --- here is what NOT to have
COIL UVB's
COLORED BULBS
SAND FOR SUBSTRATE
HEAT MATS HEAT ROCKS
Here is what you WANT
DIGITAL PROBE THERMOMETERS
LONG TUBE FIXTURE FOR UVB
SOLID WHITE BASKING BULB

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club

-Eli
Welcome to the forum :) , very cute little dragon, she does have unique patterns, but i will say the colors are pretty basic (tan, yellow, orange) you’ll have to wait till shes an adult to see her real colors, i will say her scales do look smaller, maybe reduced scaling , or maybe its jus cuz shes a baby? she does have clear nails so she is hypo, the only unique thing i see is her pattern, the horizontal lines going up the body. Take her out in the sun for half an hour , then take a picture for us after she lightens up, her being dark isnt her natural coloring, after shes heated up she’ll lighten up , and those will be here real colors.

Stankybean

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am not good on morphs -- so cant help you there -- here is a size chart for help
make sure she has good lighting in the tank --- here is what NOT to have
COIL UVB's
COLORED BULBS
SAND FOR SUBSTRATE
HEAT MATS HEAT ROCKS
Here is what you WANT
DIGITAL PROBE THERMOMETERS
LONG TUBE FIXTURE FOR UVB
SOLID WHITE BASKING BULB
Thanks for the info.

Latest posts