• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Finally finished decorating tank!

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So after a few days of following Germ's advice, & many trips to lowe's.. I got the lighting, heat, & substrate just right & was able to move on to the fun stuff, decorating for our lil guy! I would love to eventually build him a custom encloser with rock walls like some of the cool ones I've seen on here, but for now he's got a bachelor pad. So I tried to put myself in his scales & ask myself if I were him, how would I want to decorate?
This is what I came up with.. FINISHED TANK FULL SHOT.jpg
I found these real nice flat stones & was able to stack them so he has a little hide in the front corner under the ramp & rocks.. they don't wobble at all, so no glue/foam necessary..IMAG0998.jpg SIDE VIEW.jpg all I need now is some type of backing.. going to find something to put on the outside so he stops fussing at his reflection.
On a side note.. my daughter & I were to pick out 3 names & we agreed to decide from there.. I liked Tyson, Conan (as in The Barbarian! Not O'brian), & Samson.. She picked 2.. watermelon cupcake & Iggy.. so I explained that he's a boy & all the other dragons would make fun of him if his name was watermelon cupcake.. so she explained that I would be buying her a girl dragon soon who she will name watermelon cupcake AND that Iggy is our lil boy dragons name..
Guess who got their way? I had no chance lol.. Iggy it is:) SAVANAH & IGGY.jpg

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I found that ramp at petsmart.. its made by zilla, I've seen it around at other places.. pretty common. But the stones! I found these really nice flat stones at a reptile shop by me. They are heavy & stack nicely on each other so they don't wobble & I'm not worried about them falling on iggy when he gains some weight. I was able to stack them so they meet the ramp at the same level, so iggy has a nice long, flat perch to enjoy. Also I was able to stack them so they form a little cave/hide by the glass under the platform. I just wanted to stack a few rocks to meet the ramp so he can access from 2 sides.. but it worked out better than I planned:) and the rocks match the tile! I actually went through a few different rock ideas for that spot, & I ran all over the place looking for just the right stones.. but it was so worth it & felt so good to see Iggy climb up & enjoy his new spot. At lights out, the past few nights he climbs up on his spot & waits for our bedtime routine! He had never done that before.. I'm really enjoying having him around.

Latest posts