• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

BeardieT

Hatchling Dragon
Hey y’all, we have three bearded dragons together in a 100 gallon enclosure, 2 females and 1 male. The male is always head bobbing and female #1 always submits no matter what. However, female #2 never submits and sometimes even bobs back and then runs to try and fight the male. They don’t get super aggressive, but she’ll run up and start biting him and he’ll run them come back and do the same. It usually lasts about 10-15 minutes. Other than that they’re all completely normal. It’s funny because female 2 is the smallest of the three. My question is why does female 2 never submit and will occasionally fight back like a male dragon would? Thanks!
Edit: also one more question, we think that female 2 may be possibly cross bred with an eastern beardie as well. Any definite way to tell? She gets along fine with the others for the most part, the reason we’re skeptical is because she’s a lot darker than the other two and has a narrower head shape than most central beardies do.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
They'd really be better off in separate enclosures, if you can manage it. Less stressful for all of them and removes the risk of them injuring one another.

BeardieT

Hatchling Dragon
They'd really be better off in separate enclosures, if you can manage it. Less stressful for all of them and removes the risk of them injuring one another.
Well it’s weird because she’s doing it to the other female too, acting like she’s trying to breed with her. We know she’s a female so I’m very confused about this behavior. It only happens every so often, other than that they get along great

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
she is expressing her dominance over the other female who is submissive. its weird I know but that's what's going on. you need to separate them as this behavior can lead to stress for the submissive beardie.

BeardieT

Hatchling Dragon
she is expressing her dominance over the other female who is submissive. its weird I know but that's what's going on. you need to separate them as this behavior can lead to stress for the submissive beardie.
Well it’s weird because she does this more so to the male than the female. And that “submissive” female actually did it to her when we first got them for a while. Normally they’re pretty good together, she just gets all high and mighty every once in a while

Alex Greene

Bearded Dragon Egg
Maybe it's best to separate them three to different tanks. no real reason for female 2 to want to breed with female 1 just separate them three. A S A P.

BeardieT

Hatchling Dragon
Yea I’d separate them for sure, they’re solitary critters.
Well they’re actually very social and live together very well. We keep the male with the female for breeding purposes and the other female stays in there also. She was a rescue and we suspect she could be a cross with another species of pogona. Dark, slim head, and way more alert than the other two. Like I said about 95+% of the time they’re all great with eachother

Latest posts