• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Female Dragon urate "spotting"

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So just wanted to see what the consensus is on this. My oldest female breeder, bella, was bred the first time last season. She came out of brumation last month and ever since she has been dropping little urate spots throughout her cage, normally 5-6 times. She still poops once every 3-5 days so its not a problem just wondering if this is normal for some females as a sign of possibly a cycle? Just curious and wanted to see what anyone else had to say about it.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yeah i seem to remember someone saying it at some point on another forum but i cant for the life of me remember it.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've seen it after brumation, but never had any indication of it being distinctively female.

What do you mean by cycle?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know some females are more "apt" to breed and i didnt know if perhaps it could be tied into some type of pheromone release. But it isnt something that is abnormal? that was the main thing i wanted to make sure of.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
good to go. I was wondering. Ill just keep an eye on her see if she starts doing anything else off. Thanks

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Brian Princess also does this right out of Brumation and lasts for 2-3 months. I do believe it is just some females way of excreting before laying a clutch. After she lays the clutches it stops so you may be on to something more.

Latest posts